New NBA thread

Oh, shit balls, I forgot to set my lineup. Eh, I probably wasn't going to win anyways.?
Mar 14, 2017 2:36 AM
0 0
Last time Curry faced TJ McConnell, he went 0-11 from 3PT. He hasn't been much better in their recent losing streak. Let's see what happens tonight, even a completely stripped down version of the Sixers can compete with the Warriors.
Mar 14, 2017 2:47 PM
0 0
Sixers now beating the Celtics with only Saric and Okafor, no Simmons or Embiid. Jerry Cola is a genius. If these talents learn to lead and win on their own, I can only imagine once they combine forces.
Mar 20, 2017 1:27 AM
0 0
XenophonSixers now beating the Celtics with only Saric and Okafor, no Simmons or Embiid. Jerry Cola is a genius. If these talents learn to lead and win on their own, I can only imagine once they combine forces.

Okafor certainly enjoys turning the ball over.

Xenophon, you should tell Jerry Colangelo to tell Bryan Colangelo to tell Brett Brown to tell Jahlil Okafor to sit down on the bench. Richaun Holmes has got this.
Mar 20, 2017 3:02 AM
0 0
PaulsonOh, shit balls, I forgot to set my lineup. Eh, I probably wasn't going to win anyways.?

I added up what you would have had for the week, and you would still have lost by the same 7-2 score. Sure, you might have been able to nick another point by making line-up changes and making it more respectable. If you kept the same line-ups, you would have lost FTM by two and assists by one. You didn't really have a chance at a 5th win in any category, the margins in the others would have been too big. Don't worry, if I get Oz in the finals I'll hammer him for you.
Mar 20, 2017 4:01 AM
0 0
Nice win in our money league, HurricaneKid. You do however have you work cut out for you with Mars.

Did you check out what my brother had to do to win this week? In the four categories he lost, he was absolutely destroyed. But today my brother managed to get the rebounds and blocks he needed from Hassan Whiteside and company, and because Sacramento couldn't manage to make a game of it with the Spurs, Kawhi Leonard didn't get either the 4 rebounds or 2 blocks he needed in the second half to put SC91's team over my brother's. Pop just rested Leonard and that was that.

21 weeks of diligently managing a team just to lose by 4 rebounds. I feel for that team owner Dixon who apparently is "real life" friends with Branden, and thus he sent an appropriately classy text message conceding defeat. Dixon has the better team, and he would have been the greater threat to Mars, yours, and my team's chances.

Good luck against Mars -- I plan on meeting you in the finals.
Mar 20, 2017 4:49 AM
0 0
EDIT: Something odd happened, HK. I guess upon further review, Yahoo amended the scoring from StatTracker. Now my brother and SC91 tied in blocks, and since during the regular season the two teams split their series of games 9-to-9, the second tiebreaker gives the higher seed the win.

The insult added to injury is that StatTracker not only changed the blocks from 35-33 to 35-35, but it also awarded two more rebounds to SC91's total. My brother still won the rebounding matchup 250-to-248, but it goes to show just how StatTracker and the NBA's official scoring demonstrably differ.
Mar 20, 2017 8:42 AM
0 0
MosesNice win in our money league, HurricaneKid. You do however have you work cut out for you with Mars.

Did you check out what my brother had to do to win this week? In the four categories he lost, he was absolutely destroyed. But today my brother managed to get the rebounds and blocks he needed from Hassan Whiteside and company, and because Sacramento couldn't manage to make a game of it with the Spurs, Kawhi Leonard didn't get either the 4 rebounds or 2 blocks he needed in the second half to put SC91's team over my brother's. Pop just rested Leonard and that was that.

21 weeks of diligently managing a team just to lose by 4 rebounds. I feel for that team owner Dixon who apparently is "real life" friends with Branden, and thus he sent an appropriately classy text message conceding defeat. Dixon has the better team, and he would have been the greater threat to Mars, yours, and my team's chances.

It is downright criminal that you got Ulis in a waiver claim. I never once got a waiver claim all year and still have 8th claim spot.? Since I LOST at least 3 guys to low waiver claim I think that's pretty egregious.
Having a bye is just too big an advantage. It really looked suspicious that Mars' brother "forgot" to enter his team twice against Mars the final week. I might squeak through this one but I don't have enough fire power to get through two more weeks unless something chances. I also lost a wing in both leagues to a poorly timed injury.
Mar 20, 2017 3:17 PM
0 0
HurricaneKid
MosesNice win in our money league, HurricaneKid. You do however have you work cut out for you with Mars.

It is downright criminal that you got Ulis in a waiver claim. I never once got a waiver claim all year and still have 8th claim spot.? Since I LOST at least 3 guys to low waiver claim I think that's pretty egregious.
Having a bye is just too big an advantage. It really looked suspicious that Mars' brother "forgot" to enter his team twice against Mars the final week. I might squeak through this one but I don't have enough fire power to get through two more weeks unless something chances. I also lost a wing in both leagues to a poorly timed injury.

Calm down, baby girl. I never used a waiver claim during the season. The reason my claim was ahead of yours is because you had the #1 pick in the draft. Waiver positions set themselves just once all season at the very beginning and are the inverse of the draft order.

I don't believe Mars and SC91 have any knowledge of each other outside of this league. My brother (Knickerbocker Please) knows SC91 (I don't), but out of curiosity I will ask Branden if Mars and SC91 know each. I know you, my brother, and Crybaby Elephants outside of the league. The Elephants' owner has been in my local fantasy football leagues for over 20 years now. It's my understanding that for the most part, the league formed with very few real life friendships. It certainly seemed that way to me in the online draft.

I have no doubt that SC91 purposely did not set his lineup a couple nights against Mars the final week of the regular season. Since SC91 had no chance of winning a bye week, he simply wanted to position himself as the #4 seed so he could get better matchups for his team. Bully for him, because so far it is working.

Mar 20, 2017 3:58 PM
0 0
EDIT: My brother confirmed that SC91 and Mars do not know each other, HK. My brother pointed out that SC91 was going to get the #4 seed no matter the outcome, so he simply didn't much care.
Mar 20, 2017 5:10 PM
0 0
W/r/t the RT league: well played, HK.
Mar 21, 2017 4:04 AM
0 0
Boston most likely has the #2 seed sewn up after beating Washington and pushing their lead to 2.5 games. 8 of their last 11 games are at home, and the only tough games left are vs Cleveland and at Atlanta. Washington has to play 8 of 12 on the road including a 5 game road trip through Cleveland, LAL, LAC, Utah, and Golden State.

Speaking of Cleveland, Boston still has an outside shot at the 1 seed. They're 2 games back and have a home matchup on April 5th, which is the second night of a B2B for Cleveland. Speaking of B2Bs, Cleveland has four of them left and will likely rest their guys for at least some of them.
Mar 21, 2017 4:28 PM
0 0
Shaq, ugh.
Mar 22, 2017 12:52 AM
0 0
wirthlingShaq, ugh.

What now
Mar 22, 2017 12:55 AM
0 0
Bigwig
wirthlingShaq, ugh.

What now

Flat earth shit.

Some guy from the Internet said:
Muller"It leads their fanbases to consider ridiculous ideas and possibly consider ridiculous ideas to be true," Muller says. "Obviously, these people have god-like reputations among some of their fans. They're clearly prominent, and even if you don't fully believe them, it definitely raises the visibility of the claims. In the long term, it does damage because you have a group of people who don't know what to believe. When you don't have those established consensuses, the world makes bad decisions."

Dunno about the "god-like" part but the conclusion is pretty much on target. There are just way too many dumb people out there for these kind of hijinx.
Mar 22, 2017 1:02 AM
0 0
This kind of hijinx?
Mar 22, 2017 1:02 AM
0 0
Hijinks?

Highjinks?

Hyjynx?
Mar 22, 2017 1:06 AM
0 0
Shaq isn't nearly as funny as he thinks he is but he's under no obligation to scientists to make jokes they find acceptable.
Mar 22, 2017 1:13 AM
0 0
BigwigShaq isn't nearly as funny as he thinks he is but he's under no obligation to scientists to make jokes they find acceptable.

I'm saying Shaq is free to be as dumb as he wants to be or wants to pretend to be but that there probably will be negative consequences of this joke, especially after Kyrie made the same damn joke. Poe's Law is the law of the land now. There is a big squishy mass of people out there who are getting immunized to facts, like antiobiotic-resistant staph.
Mar 22, 2017 1:44 AM
0 0
wirthlinga big squishy mass of people

Shut up.
Mar 22, 2017 1:46 AM
0 0