Oscar Predictions

Alex Maverick
John Tyler
Alex Maverick
David TannyWhat do you predict, OR what do you hope to be nominated, or both! It's almost awards season!

Best Picture: TMNT
Best Director: Michael Bay
Best Screenplay: Transformers 4
Best Actor: Andrew Garfield for TASM 2
Best Actress: Megan Fox for TMNT
Best Supporting Actor: Jack Reynor for Transformers 4
Best Supporting Actress: Carmen Ejogo for The Purge: Anarchy

What about Kellan Lutz for The Legend of Hercules? 'Twas such powerful acting I tell you!

I think you may be the only one who saw that movie.

It was reprehensible. You could literally write a thesis on the ineptitude on display in that movie.
Nov 3, 2014 6:26 PM
0 0
Andrew Targaryen
 John TylerBest Supporting Actress Nominees:
- Carrie Coon (Gone Girl)
- Emily Watson (Belle)
- Saoirse Ronan (GBH)
- Maggie Gyllenhaal (Frank)
- Kim Dickens (Gone Girl)

Finally, some love for Kim Dickens! She killed it in Gone Girl.

Fuckin spoilers much. Fuckin hell Andrew.
Nov 3, 2014 6:50 PM
0 0
Tommy South
Andrew Targaryen
 John TylerBest Supporting Actress Nominees:
- Carrie Coon (Gone Girl)
- Emily Watson (Belle)
- Saoirse Ronan (GBH)
- Maggie Gyllenhaal (Frank)
- Kim Dickens (Gone Girl)

Finally, some love for Kim Dickens! She killed it in Gone Girl.

Fuckin spoilers much. Fuckin hell Andrew.

Whoops.
Nov 3, 2014 6:51 PM
0 0
Birdman will probably win everything, but out of what I've seen, I'm gonna be rooting for Gone Girl in most categories. It'll almost definitely win adapted screenplay though, so there's that at least. 
Nov 3, 2014 7:20 PM
0 0
Caleb PaascheBirdman will probably win everything, but out of what I've seen, I'm gonna be rooting for Gone Girl in most categories. It'll almost definitely win adapted screenplay though, so there's that at least. 

Maybe. Fincher doesn't seem to do well with the Academy. Inherent Vice, on the other hand, looks right up their alley.
Nov 3, 2014 7:39 PM
0 0
Reign in Treet
Caleb PaascheBirdman will probably win everything, but out of what I've seen, I'm gonna be rooting for Gone Girl in most categories. It'll almost definitely win adapted screenplay though, so there's that at least. 

Maybe. Fincher doesn't seem to do well with the Academy. Inherent Vice, on the other hand, looks right up their alley.

Really? I think Inherent Vice looks great, but I feel the idiosyncratic tone may be off-putting for the Academy.
Nov 3, 2014 7:49 PM
0 0
Channing TatumReally? I think Inherent Vice looks great, but I feel the idiosyncratic tone may be off-putting for the Academy.

It could be, but they tend to praise artistically made comedies.
Nov 3, 2014 7:59 PM
0 0
Reign in Treet
Channing TatumReally? I think Inherent Vice looks great, but I feel the idiosyncratic tone may be off-putting for the Academy.

I actually don't think they do. They really gun for the ultra-serious toned thematic films as of late. 

I do have high hopes for the cinematography winning for GBH (I have yet to see Birdman, so I don't know if that'll remain that way).
Nov 3, 2014 8:59 PM
0 0
Kelly Kutpowski
Frankly Frank
Reign in Treet

I actually don't think they do. They really gun for the ultra-serious toned thematic films as of late. 

I do have high hopes for the cinematography winning for GBH (I have yet to see Birdman, so I don't know if that'll remain that way).

The nominations from last year included the Wolf of Wall Street, a trashy, fun comedy that's hit-or-miss.  
I think Inherent Vice has a chance.

Yeah, and a dumb dramady about teen pregnancy with hipster humor and burger phones won best screenplay several years ago. 
Nov 3, 2014 10:15 PM
0 0
Kelly Kutpowski
David Tanny
Kelly Kutpowski
Frankly Frank
Reign in Treet

The nominations from last year included the Wolf of Wall Street, a trashy, fun comedy that's hit-or-miss.  

Yeah, and a dumb dramady about teen pregnancy with hipster humor and burger phones won best screenplay several years ago. 

Don't remind me.

Juno how bad that movie was?
Nov 3, 2014 10:59 PM
0 0
Reign in Treet

You're right that Fincher doesn't traditionally do well, but adapted screenplay isn't a huge category with a ton of competition either. I think Birdman is probably going to win picture, director, actor and probably cinematography too.
Nov 4, 2014 5:09 AM
0 0
The Tall ManHas there been a movie about slaves being beaten up yet?  If so, that wins.

LOL - you LOVED that movie!
Nov 4, 2014 5:20 AM
0 0
David Tanny
Kelly Kutpowski
Frankly Frank
Reign in Treet

You mean...Cutler's all-time favorite movie???
Nov 4, 2014 5:24 AM
0 0
BigwigBest Animated feature: Zootopia
Best Song: Sing

Why do you keep making new accounts?
Jul 14, 2016 12:09 PM
0 0
Bump
Dec 10, 2016 7:55 PM
0 0
tcefx dj companyBump

why?