Favorite Sci-Fi Films

The Andromeda Strain ?(original)
Feb 10, 2017 9:32 PM
0 0
Stop posting, HAZELRABBIT.
Feb 16, 2017 12:55 PM
0 0
M G
BIg fan of scifi movies but when i sat down and tried to come up with movies found it surprisingly hard to come up with not just good but great movies that i could proudly stand behind.
Anyhow after some thought did manage to find three movies that while hardly the best, were ones that had given me some of the best times watching them.

1 Forbidden planet from 1956 is one of my most rewatched science fiction movies of all times, and it has one of the best retro robots of any science fiction movie ever.
I consider it a guilty pleasure of mine, think its charming.

2 eXistenZ, and yes that spelling is indeed the correct one came out just before matrix (around 2000) and does basically a similar thing only its also weird and slightly confusing.
Anyhow this was for me love at first sight, and it still stands up well to a second viewing.

3 High Moon, came out 2014 and did maybe not receive the best grade even for a syfy tv movie, but this is one fun space romp that is visually striking and was for me hilarious.
High tempo and constant stream of revelations and think its a extreme case of "entertaining", does not take it self to seriously.

Do take note this puts the emphases on "favorite" this is not a list what i would consider greatest scifi movies of all time
Feb 28, 2017 4:43 AM
0 0