The everything thread

NimChimpsky They aren't mean to be taken straight, of course, but it hurts them on some level.

It makes them kind of amazing on another.
Nov 13, 2017 4:40 AM
0 0
The folks at Red Letter Media see Starship Troopers as a masterpiece in satire. They put on a decent case. I'm closer to that side than those who think it is a bad movie. It deserves its ascending reputation.
Nov 13, 2017 6:23 PM
0 0
Roger Ebert's review of Starship Trooper is mystifying.

What's lacking is exhilaration and sheer entertainment. Unlike the "Star Wars'' movies, which embraced a joyous vision and great comic invention, "Starship Troopers'' doesn't resonate. It's one-dimensional. We smile at the satirical asides, but where's the warmth of human nature? The spark of genius or rebellion? If "Star Wars'' is humanist, "Starship Troopers'' is totalitarian.

...yes, Roger, that's the whole point.

And for a guy who claims he read the original novel to the point of memorization, he seems to be unaware at just how little the movie and the book share in common. The movie is basically a long, over-the-top attack on the book from a guy who grew up under Nazi occupation, taking its celebration of the military and turning it into crude fascist propaganda.
Nov 13, 2017 6:54 PM
0 0
Infinitus Corsair
BigwigPS Smoke on the Water is a terrible song

You're a terrible poster.

Guys, stop bickering! You're both right.
Nov 13, 2017 9:29 PM
0 0
Zuben
Infinitus Corsair

You're a terrible poster.

Guys, stop bickering! You're both right.

wtf?
Nov 13, 2017 9:36 PM
0 0
Ivan the TerribleRoger Ebert's review of Starship Trooper is mystifying.

What's lacking is exhilaration and sheer entertainment. Unlike the "Star Wars'' movies, which embraced a joyous vision and great comic invention, "Starship Troopers'' doesn't resonate. It's one-dimensional. We smile at the satirical asides, but where's the warmth of human nature? The spark of genius or rebellion? If "Star Wars'' is humanist, "Starship Troopers'' is totalitarian.

And for a guy who claims he read the original novel to the point of memorization, he seems to be unaware at just how little the movie and the book share in common. The movie is basically a long, over-the-top attack on the book from a guy who grew up under Nazi occupation, taking its celebration of the military and turning it into crude fascist propaganda.

Ebert had some glaring lapses over the years.
I think Starship Troopers is just close enough to some macho non-satirical action that it can fool people who don't have a natural ironic distance from that sort of thing. I actually saw it in the cinema and there was a crew of people behind me I ended up befriending, and one of them took it dead straight and didn't like it. We all started laughing at them. Not a stupid person, but presumably wasn't prepared for Verhoeven completely off the leash.
Nov 13, 2017 11:34 PM
0 0
One of the things pointed out in the Red Letter Media review I referred to is that the people were clearly cast for Starship Troopers based on the fact that their acting was at the level of a deadeyed teen soap opera. It was an implicit insult to get the part.
Nov 14, 2017 12:14 AM
0 0
Esoteric AllusionOne of the things pointed out in the Red Letter Media review I referred to is that the people were clearly cast for Starship Troopers based on the fact that their acting was at the level of a deadeyed teen soap opera. It was an implicit insult to get the part.

I actually regained interest in Starship Troopers based on that review. I hadn't seen it or thought much about it since I saw it in theaters back in 1997.

It's amazing the movie was made pre-9/11, though. There's a scene where a reporter suggests the bugs dropping a rock on Buenos Aires may have been in reaction to the Federation invading their territory, and Johnny Rico shuts him down with, "Let me tell you something. I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all!"
Nov 14, 2017 12:21 AM
0 1
theVictorian
Ivan the TerribleRoger Ebert's review of Starship Trooper is mystifying.

Ebert had some glaring lapses over the years.

Yea, there were more than a few reviews where I wondered if he had even paid attention to the movie he was reviewing.
Nov 14, 2017 12:52 AM
0 0
That shooter in california was apparently targeting the elementary school, and the quick implementation of the school lockdown kept him out.?
Nov 15, 2017 5:25 AM
0 0

What asshole upvoted this post?
Nov 15, 2017 5:29 AM
0 2
Fucking hell. Paragraph breaks, I'll try....

booze
PaquitoThe motives around Rand Paul's attack don't make sense to anyone. Maybe he cucked his neighbor.

I don't understand how it went from minor injuries to 6 broken ribs and a pleural effusion. Now I've even had a pleural effusion before (pneumonia-related), and it's not usually coming from an injury, unless somehow a broken rib pierced his lung leading to a build-up in fluid.

Also the language that Paul's lawyer is using has ramped up significantly, from talking about it as a minor altercation to "a serious criminal matter involving serious injury". Neighbors for 17 years, I bet they didn't get along. The other guy was in medicine as well, maybe there was some dispute about Paul wanting to de-fund so much. Maybe Paul did irritating Libertarian shit like taunt him for calling the Fire Department. At any rate, if they can turn this into a political case, and an attack on a member of government, that will be a fuck-ton of prison time.

Not sure what "cucked" is. I mean, I know something like that word exists, but have been as completely uninterested as the also recent "Latinx". No natural "x" in Spain, the conquerors and rapists and genociders of America. "X" as then worded with Spanish (I mean native Mayan Quechea and such) language is "ch". Or sometimes "sh". Then again that's not the point of the "Latinx" movement. It's uh...to invalidate the Spanish -a or -o addendums that in that language seem to maybe of centuries past (but uh, maybe not give a shit) a masculine or feminine addendum. Las cucurachas. Los cucuraches. Apparently this is a gigantic problem for Latinx. El pan? La Pan?

Y: too drunk to spanish--the apparent point might to be to build a strong political bloc that is about LatinX. And who would think that means one fucking thing to their lives? Well I guess bloggers of Latina descent, and at the very least comfortable enough to use "LatinX" as if it's something more important than around 8,000,000 Latinos working for a couple bucks a day on California and Florida farms. Quechea, Spanish, English...Latin, Native, White, Black of slaves....All of them should get big minimum wages. Reagan's amnesty? I agree with it, with the hope that illegals would also get other stuff. I think that might've even been the Democrat's promise at the time. Til then to now day laborers (you know them, you've seen them) are as bereft and cashless and desperate even more than someone working a min wage job.

I think descriptions of people are generally good. LGBT is good. The best feminists of the past decades also champion the Queers, the Androgynous, the Asexual. The worst are Germaine Greer*, and newly Jessica Valenti. And obviously Condoleeza Rice, Hillary Clinton, Susan Rice, other women who have drone-bombed and regime-changed for no good reasons and LURRRRVE Saudi Arabia, the most women-hating country.

So..that asterisk:?Other controversial points in the book include Greer's opposition, in a chapter entitled "Pantomime Dames," to accepting transgender women as women: "Governments that consist of very few women have hurried to recognise as women, men who believe that they are women and have had themselves castrated to prove it, because they see women not as another sex but as a non-sex. No so-called sex-change has ever begged for a uterus-and-ovaries transplant; if uterus-and-ovaries transplants were made mandatory for wannabe women they would disappear overnight. The insistence that man-made women be accepted as women is the institutional expression of the mistaken conviction that women are defective males."[sup][[/sup]
Sexism isn't over, obviously. And fantastic recent much-MUCH comeuppance of those terrible male directors/actors/cunts and may they be burned and (I mean seriously, this is like, wow) a new age happens. This is a huge moment.

But I mean, some feminists are just terribly stupid and or hypocritical (such as body-shaming being notionally bad, yet a competition to best insult Trump due to his body..Tshirts even sold later. Not more than a sample of bloggers I guess. Some neos and libs etc. are also terribly stupid. But fucking lord. Third-wave now? If so who is the leader? Second-wave? That had some troubling.??
If it means one of them fucked the others wife (or gay side-piece/common high dollar whore [legalize it!] or whatever), yeah that's a theory that seems to make sense.

What imo doesn't make sense is all these armchair doctors giving us all their expertise on what can and cannot cause broken ribs.?
I'm a fairly hardy person, but I've also seriously strained/sprained/pulled my ribs just from too-vigorous coughing.?
Another time, it took six months and way more bed-rest than I'd like in order to get over an extremely painful lower back muscle strain. Of something I vaguely remember I'd bent down wrong for (as in the classic proper version, waist rather than knees) to pick up, which couldn't have weighed more than 30lbs since again, don't remember. With proper bending in the past I could turn up right a 500 lb barrel of fallen cold glue. Not raise it over my head, but still--the one side, with proper bending and being quite strong, done. Not really a feat, but proper bending.

But at that same time, I once stood on a couple pallets, one was loose, I tried to jump forward a bit to right myself, but the pallets shifted, then my legs went forward and torso backward and the end was bad vectors that nearly broke my spine from the forward movement of my lower body against the heavier back and down movement of my torso and stupid skull head thing and arms that probably looked like Dee's beloved.?
So painful I could barely bend over to tie shoes, and every time I needed to evacuate feces I'd have to do some Neo-level spiderman (McFarlane version, all those fucking protein strands jesus fuck, and little knots fuck, is someone going to be at gym and need a knot to ring a bell?) web of arms and legs to get my sweet ass to the toilet so as to not be in too much pain.

rcise and machomanmachismo, a bit Travis-Bickle-wise, hitting heavy and speed bags. In past bouts with friends and a janitor and slap-boxing with a couple neo-nazis and a lot of other weird stuff and throwing hands, including my supervisor of the Marines and with a gym in the garage and yeah, some people you need to go easy on so as not to puncture ego. Plus my defense was almost entirely nonexistent, I led with my face. I'm terrible at boxing, but my point is I can throw a cross or hook from hips or feet and wham-bam.
And Finally 2: A past recreational safety just from high school, for example, as hard-hitting, yet may not have become to be Steve Atwater or Ronnie Lott or? Rodney Harrison or Sean Taylor or John Lynch. A one or all of them. Maybe Ronnie Lott chose to go into finance instead. Maybe Ed Reed found his love by gaining a PhD in Sino-Rus history.

Maybe too, this guy was as hard-hitting yet chose a different career, yet still in "advanced age" at 59, so if still can get up to 10-15mph and dip a bit at some douche with (uh, folks denigrate it, but I think Rand's hair is outstanding) a unique coif, then explode into one side of his chest bones aka ribcage aka also not much fat yo, then pick that hippo-fucker up and destroy the other side of his rib cage by slamming him.?
Marvin Hagler. Middleweight at 5'10" 159-164 lbs. Lost to Sugar Ray Lewis in an infamous thing. I think I saw that live when boxing was still on non-cable (ABC! Tyson! and nbc and others.

In any event let's say Marvin Hagler, who is currently 63 years old, is living next to Rand Paul. And Rand Paul fucks his wife or their shared butt-goat more than the other has agree to, or Hagler and Paul disagree on paragraph 3.021 subparagraph xx.01 of article a.iii in meeeh (classified.)
I mean whatever. Hagler could come up on Paul and just basically break any bone he wanted to. So could someone like that actual neighbor. Not everyone who is very able to FUCK SOMEONE UP AND BREAK THEM gets into a career that features that. And most who could fucking murder and kill and break every fucking bone of their neighbor, on a street of houses, or an apartment above or below or to the side doesn't because they obey the law at the very least, and...surely that is a fantasy for most abode-dwellers.

And uh Audie Murphy. If WWII never happened and someone broke into Audie's house you ain't gonna get a tank round in the face, but I imagine Audie would still fuck you up. Little tiny person he was. Fucking sexists and heightists and weightists. Baffling. Bones don't care if a 110-pounder or 400-pounder breaks them. Both sizes of humans can. DUH.

So...end conclusion: If a [person] of [martial or even just high school football/wrasslin' skill] is perturbed at their neighbor for [fucking their wife or shared Real-Doll named Naomi with white lipsti] or even being a GOP or uh what's that cuck or cacvagfe or alt-left or other nonsense but ANGRY. So yeah such a person would fuck them up.

Would this even be in doubt if Cynthia Rothrock went over the wall to spin-kick her neighbor (let's say Ann Coulter) in the face? I mean as wonderful as that would be, it also wouldn't be surprising if the result was Coulter with a broken jaw, if they'd both had the same beau and just OOOOH just found out gonna kick her fucking face off.

I'm just utterly baffled at this bone-density, physics/bodies-of-force-in linear or linear plus various calculated vectors direction, what this has anything to do with anything, including as motive. Rothrock also would've likely easily killed Rand Paul, breaking as many bones as possible or desired.
TO ANYONE PERUSING... In 24 years when I'm 69 yo and pissed at you and there you are with your lawnmower and I want to cause you real harm and you have no clue so just a perfect deadweight dummy...like, don't be surprised if you suffer a broken torso. Or me, I shouldn't be surprised if you do the same. Anyone fit can INJURIOUSLY FUCK THE FUCK OUT OF ANOTHER PERSON IF TRYING TO INJURE THEM AT FULL SPEED AND FULL NOT FUCKS GIVEN OR LEGALITY.

Shit. I stopped smoking three weeks ago. And drinking too except for the last two of the past five days. But don't think I want that to excuse this.

Basically....Iraq War. MSM complicit, Lies, MILLIONS DEAD DUE TO LIES.

....Russia blah.

Media, partisans, all ever eager to ignore zero actual evidence in order to gain their objective (GOP pols, and a lot of people, yet not millions marching against the Iraq War, some able to see the horrendous setup. Some (me) thinks that if a person such as Colin Powell could put up fake vials and then only later regret that part: then either he should've done that at the TIME IT MATTERED. And if not, later, should basically be executed for war crimes. Conspirator of an illegal war, millions dead or displaced, the highest crime.

And GW too is being resurrected as a kind cogent master of humanity. So to is Obama of war crime signature strikes. As opposed to Trump. Who is singularly awful, yet GW destroyed Iraq to the tunes of millions dead, and a shit-load of bad other stuff, surveillance...
Obama...keep on, even try to keep more troops in Iraq beyond Bush's deadline, yet Iraq demanded war crimes commited by US soldiers in Iraq courts so no extension.

Obama...irrational attempt to regime-change Syria; with advocacy from Hillary Clinton. CIA or Obama even initial actors in a local Syrian uprising. Probably not, or coincidentally with US means. Syria, that cunt Assad, legally inviting Russia and Iran in. The United States breaking international law by making war with a sovereign state. The UN--wah? DURRRRR. And even at all that, Syria won. Not that Assad is good at all. But this denial of the US again destroying another state (Libya was the most progressive and wealthy state in Africa btw), is encouraging.

Holy shit. Sorry.

Heh, I mean I tried to copy-post to make sense and.
Moroccan art is gorgeous and symmetrical but with heart. Fucking hell. I'm stupid. Maybe a symmetrical woman destroying a man's ribs just cause "FUCK YOU RAAAARH"

would be as valid as destroyer of ribs that you seem to only observe via your classic and precious astrolabe. May Ronda Rousey surprise you in your your happy marigold field and be PISSED AS FUCK so just like initially YO FUCKER so broke your jaw. Broken bone by a neighbor egad! As you try to get on the internet to seek out neig---then Ronda Rousey kicked your left rib into your heart. Egad. You just died, not even yet alive enough to make a pithy post on neighbors killing each other. Ronda Rousey, hopefully, would also maybe bury your corpse in hills. And if she, or you, also had dogs, then I support you, or she, of murdering dogs. Dogs are fucking terrible. And Islamic dome art is also fucking nice with the turquoise and lapis lazuli and amazing art including of course accounting for the dome shape.

A) mostly stupid
B) most bred into horrible situations. Poodles or Shitsoos or what bred into sadness and not having eyes that can see and DEATH EARLY DEATH. My metal detecting forum...I didn't was there to experience this...but from my mom's news, the forum featured a detector who was a very nice person and with nice tales of finds. And I also enjoyed some prior to the INCIDENT. So, it was found that his finds weren't real: He's either bought them from Ebay, or copy-pasted from other photo sites. And....well my mom said he was uh..."properly" savaged by the others on the site. Yet me and mom just felt sorry for him. I'm like maybe 40% normally a sociopath with little empathy, and so is mom (which we again agreed today, her sociopathy too; and which we also were making jokes on 9/11, which we saw together). Not sure how fucking awesome it is to be a son of a mom and we each are sociopaths or like "whatever 9/11, what about 18,000 dead drunk drivers a year). And my sis, who okay listened to a conservative radio, at a visit ten years ago. And OH MY. This was actually a big trouble in our minds. Momma was like: "dude, son, what the fuck?"
Especially as sis has been a bisexual, we are friends with lesbians, and high school friends who had HIV and then a fantastic son, and Jesus, a few/ten years ago, so great to see them. And gay friend of us, 18 or so, murdered in New Orleans. His parents, at the funeral, were jesus...I can't even fashion any woke thing....they were completely aghast, and also knew he was gay, and we also were mourning, and it was a usual lament I gues

C) Fucking goddamn hell. 30 years ago on my balcony apt I had to deal with six months of street stuff and jackhammers. And even one parent and child
who that child kept fucking crying and I held my head out the window and shouted "Shut the fuck up!!" [that was seriously just an awful, awful child]
Must be nice to live in an invulnerable bubble where one is immune from anyone more badass who chooses to fuck you up including broke bones.?
And, uh...I yes and drunk but good quitting soon and done cigs and that doesn't even gain a "hope/care" that it continues fore me as much as a fool might go "hope/care"?
Nov 15, 2017 6:54 AM
0 0
Infinitus Corsair

ROFL. I did, me am asshole (or accurate. my gosh if you could accept).

That was like the first "OH UH THERE IS A NEW UP/DOWN vote thing". "Smoke on the Water" Fucking hell. Moody Blues did it better as "Knights in White Satin". Eurythmics much better in "Here comes the Rain". Weirdo.

Hundreds of others also did it better with doo-wop. DURRRRR

"Smoke on the water"??
Uh...kind of.

Doo Wop. Shirelles, Pretenders, Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Earl. Fucking awesome.?
Oh. That was a concert of hours on the YouTube prior, which I with marigolds in eyes tried to link to. But n more. So I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17X05F-z3DE&list=PLlibdGi8GFw9zNHTOzZYTkra8EBxQXxYs

DOO WOP. FUCK "Smoke on the Water". What is that. Some kind of attempt to gratify a 60s-70s buzz? And even as such not even trying to do-hard as of real social justice with the hippies and black panthers and such
And Hendrix didn't really make his music for social justice either, as amazing as he was. Nor maybe Jefferson Airplane, Or ABBA. Or even Fleetwood Mac, or David Bowie, or Blondie...

Bob Dylan. Sly Stone. Marvin Gaye. And maybe later Dead Kennedy's. Christina Aguilera.?
"Smoke on the water". I mean---even the Eagles, and of course the BeeGees did much, much better songs.

And that song isn't even as triumphant as a one-off as say,?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blwc8myYLWA
Nov 15, 2017 7:43 AM
0 0
Esoteric AllusionThe folks at Red Letter Media see Starship Troopers as a masterpiece in satire. They put on a decent case. I'm closer to that side than those who think it is a bad movie. It deserves its ascending reputation.

Uh.

It shouldn't take a master of mathematics to say 1+1 = 2.

Is this your ultimate troll here?

Christ.

Let us know how you'd reinterpret Moby Dick or Native Son or Othello; or The Hustler, or On the Waterfront, or Taxi Driver, or Airplane!? based on red metter blah or yeah...uh, I think I've seen some decent takes there but fuck fuck christ.

And...no "ascending" nor newly found "satire". Humans have viewed and like this film as a yes, satire, and yes reputable as good prior to you or your apparent blog who tells you what new movies you might go back in time 15 years ago to act like you are ON THAT SHIT.
Fuck, EA. What the fuck with you. You on a long hookah pull??

"Red Letter Media has told me that Michelangelo Buonarroti? is a good artist. I googled that and oh wow! That "David" and "La Pieta" and "Sistine". Thank you Red Letter Media!

Did someone hack your account? The fuck.
Nov 15, 2017 8:37 AM
0 0
Inception coffee table...

Nov 15, 2017 3:49 PM
0 0
I was in a bar last night talking to some co-workers, and I made an off color comment about how dumb wigs look and should only be for cancer patients. Then a girl standing next to me turned around and said "Hey asshole, I am a childhood cancer survivor and had to wear a wig when I was younger. I find what you said really fucking offensive." and then shot me dirty look. Knowing I had crossed a line, I apologized. Then she said "Naw, I am just fucking with you! That's no offensive at all! But seriously, I had cancer."

Alas, she was married.
Nov 18, 2017 2:30 AM
0 0
Gigantopithecus
Infinitus Corsair

ROFL. I did, me am asshole (or accurate. my gosh if you could accept).

Thank you for your honesty.
Nov 18, 2017 2:42 AM
0 0