The everything thread

Janson Jinnistan[quote]Taoists

Since I laughed, I thought I'd make it a challenge, but I did find one significant incident of a (in-name) Taoist persecuting Buddhists. ?There doesn't appear to have been much death though, certainly not genocide. ?But must be just as prone as those religions which have subjugated entire continents.

[/quote]

Uhhhh...Look at China. Confucianists. Or Taoists. Or OMG both.

Various past centuries and reigns whether dynastic or more modern. Chinese history and religion and such...or atheism. Ever heard of Mao Tse-Tung?

You seem to be a poster that can only be fed by formula, or breast-milk. AKA an ignorant baby.

Try to think for yourself at least once point after you've been four or five or whatever baby age you currently seem to be. My personal spoon-feeding of you is over, child.
Oct 17, 2017 7:41 AM
0 0
'But must be just as prone as those religions which have subjugated entire continents."

Oh, missed that gem. As If I'm some Christian or Muslim whose advocates have indeed raped and genocided.

And as if I compared the current Buddhist genocide of the Rohingya with that of the First Nations or Native Americans means I have some religious reason or whatever the fuck you're on about.

"Less genocide than another example, so no prob". Hutus and Tutsis? What religion is that? DURRRRR

Ignorant baby. With a pacifier also made of ignorance. You're parents must really suck ass. Mentally and morally. To fashion such a child of such a pig-nature and so incredibly ignorant and never growing beyond toddler years.
Oct 17, 2017 7:56 AM
0 0
So Charlyne Yi says when she first met David Cross he was a...he was--wait, is that a titty in the previous post?--where was I? Oh yeah, when she first met David Cross he was cruel and racist towards her. I have seen enough of Cross over the years to know that he's as un-racist as most of us and so have to conclude that he was being ironic when he (allegedly) said "ching chong ching chong" to her and joked about karate. And for some reason, Charlyne didn't pick up on that and read him literally. And it once again reminds me, I hope if I ever get famous (I won't), I hope RT's history has been wiped away by then, because my out-of-context quotes are going to make me look like a rapey Hitler.
Oct 19, 2017 11:57 AM
0 0
wirthlingSo Charlyne Yi says when she first met David Cross he was a...he was--wait, is that a titty in the previous post?--where was I? Oh yeah, when she first met David Cross he was cruel and racist towards her. I have seen enough of Cross over the years to know that he's as un-racist as most of us and so have to conclude that he was being ironic when he (allegedly) said "ching chong ching chong" to her and joked about karate. And for some reason, Charlyne didn't pick up on that and read him literally. And it once again reminds me, I hope if I ever get famous (I won't), I hope RT's history has been wiped away by then, because my out-of-context quotes are going to make me look like a rapey Hitler.

He was obviously trying to be funny, as opposed to, I don't know, refusing to admit her to college, but that doesn't mean it wasn't racist or inappropriate--assuming her description is accurate which, given the shit of the last couple of weeks, I'm inclined to just take her at her word about.
Oct 19, 2017 1:25 PM
0 0
Had David Cross never met an asian person before? Why when he saw on his first instinct was to make bad racist jokes is beyond me.
Oct 19, 2017 1:27 PM
0 0
Yeah, I have a friend who's Korean and I waited years until making jokes about wishing her a Happy Chinese New Year, and even then I was super careful to be totally clear I was being ironic, and even then she probably thinks I'm an asshole.
Oct 19, 2017 1:37 PM
0 0
When I said "he's as un-racist as most of us" I meant he is as racist as most of us in the sense that we all have some instinctual knee-jerk recognition of race that our stupid animal brains can't avoid. A certain amount of behavior from most of us is going to be racist to some extent. Cross would not have launched this bit on a non-asian person and as a non-asian he doesn't understand how hearing such a bit feels, so there is an element of racism involved, sure. I'm guessing he was told she was a comedienne and seeing that she was asian assumed she was familiar with rote asian racist "humor" and thought bringing out that stuff would be an icebreaker. But when we talk about racists we usually mean people who go above and beyond instinct to generalize and demonize the unfamiliar. David Cross is not that. He's someone who recognizes how ugly bigotry is and uses comedy and intellect to skewer it.

Was it inappropriate? Absolutely, in that situation. (I may be getting myself into trouble by suggesting that how one acts in a personal context is different than how one acts on stage, since I have not clearly worked out in my own mind why that difference should matter.)
Oct 19, 2017 1:52 PM
0 0
This is probably a good time to remind myself that everybody is horrible and so I shouldn't try to defend anyone -- they are probably worse than I think. We are all horrible, horrible monsters.
Oct 19, 2017 2:11 PM
0 0
ej
Wirthling, the monster, still uses the word "comedienne."

The new term, wirth, is "broad comedy."
Oct 19, 2017 2:43 PM
0 0
wirthlingThis is probably a good time to remind myself that everybody is horrible and so I shouldn't try to defend anyone -- they are probably worse than I think. We are all horrible, horrible monsters.

I think you should just realize that even people you like could be massive hypocrites.
Oct 19, 2017 2:45 PM
0 0
The mystery Oreo flavor is Trix. Or maybe Fruity Pebbles or Froot Loops.

Someone left some in the break room.
Oct 19, 2017 2:46 PM
0 0
Detrimental
wirthlingThis is probably a good time to remind myself that everybody is horrible and so I shouldn't try to defend anyone -- they are probably worse than I think. We are all horrible, horrible monsters.

I think you should just realize that even people you like could be massive hypocrites.

Well of course they are because they are part of everybody and everybody is a hypocrite and a horrible, horrible monster.
Oct 19, 2017 2:49 PM
0 0
ej
Detrimental

I think you should just realize that even people you like could be massive hypocrites.?

Time to get that "Affleck Bros Before Hoes" tattoo removed, wirth.
Oct 19, 2017 2:50 PM
0 0
These knock off Halloween costume names are fantastic:
Oct 19, 2017 3:31 PM
0 0
Esoteric AllusionThese knock off Halloween costume names are fantastic:

Less is more? Or is my office net nanny service blocking something?
Oct 19, 2017 5:17 PM
0 0
When it was announced Bale was going to play Dick Cheney I was thinking, "How is that gonna work?" and well, holy shit.

Oct 19, 2017 5:25 PM
0 0
Snapchat? - lookatoast
Oct 20, 2017 2:46 PM
0 0
What's the point of becoming a Harvey Weinstein if you don't get to coerce a Lupita Nyong'o into having sex with you?

What a crazy world.
Oct 20, 2017 3:34 PM
0 0
wirthlingWhat's the point of becoming a Harvey Weinstein if you don't get to coerce a Lupita Nyong'o into having sex with you?

What a crazy world.

If I ever meet Lupita Nyong'o, I will try this bit of irony out on her, along with my "!ng!nuknuk!tbangah!guh!" joke.
Oct 20, 2017 3:40 PM
0 0
MeowWhen it was announced Bale was going to play Dick Cheney I was thinking, "How is that gonna work?" and well, holy shit.

If they throw Gary Oldman in as Dubya, it'd be worth a watch.
Oct 20, 2017 3:48 PM
0 0