The BLUE BIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Poster
After watching MD last night I realized something.

I think the blue thing in Diane's drawer is the BLUE BIBLE that Betty places the scissors onn when she takes them away from Rita.

If the blue bible is tied in with the blue van and the blue box, I think we may need to look at these things in a different way.

~Katie~
May 19, 2002 7:27 PM
0 0
Katie,

The blue book, entitled "Tout Paris," isn't a Bible but a book about interior decorating.

You have a very good point about there being a connection among all the blue items, i.e., the box, the book, and the van(s), which others have described as "portals," "keepers of secrets," or similar definitions in the categories of things in which (or by which) secrets are contained or transported.

[EDIT]: I remember richdubbya writing very specifically about the blue item in Diane's drawer when she pulled out the gun.

I found his post. Richard wrote:

There is an item in the drawer that is exactly the same color as the blue box. If you look closely (pause) you will see that it is a small purse/coin purse/makeup case that has a pearl strap.
END QUOTE

This certainly fits of the same category of being a "container" as the other blue items.
May 19, 2002 7:39 PM
0 0
Katie/22cute
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it looked like a Rosary.
May 20, 2002 3:50 PM
0 0
Sitting on top of a blue box.
May 20, 2002 3:51 PM
0 0
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stooka
Katie/22cute
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it looked like a Rosary.
Sitting on top of a blue box.
[/QUOTE]

Holy (pun intended) Kamokas!

That most certainly sounds like a Lynchian touch. (And I can easily see where a book with a rosary on top could also look like a dress purse with a beaded strap.)

I'll give it another look tonight. Report at 11.
May 21, 2002 9:58 AM
0 0
Stooka,

As promised, I did look at the scene again, twice.

The first time through, I thought it might be a rosary and actually thought I saw a cross.

The second time through, I thought the beads looked too big and weren't properly spaced to be a rosary. It looked more like a pearl necklace to me. (I don't think it was attached to the blue "item" below it, such as a strap would be to a purse.)

Like you, the blue item looked to me a lot like a book; it appeared too flat to be a bag of any kind.

Anyway, I don't know where to go with this, but I'm also sure Lynch didn't have those items in the drawer by accident.
May 21, 2002 8:31 PM
0 0
22cute,

Certainly, a pearl necklace could also be an option. They seem to be all over the movie (Coco, Camilla, other Camilla, etc.)

If you could look at the thread - Diane/Betty's Dream, I'd like your opinion on some of the questions there.

stooka
May 22, 2002 5:06 AM
0 0
Stooka,

Yes, I too noticed and wondered about the significance of the abundance of pearls worn by Coco, Camilla, and Betty throughout the movie.

I've looked at the Diane/Betty's Dream thread and have been trying to post a response, in answer to your request. I got thrown off three times last night due to a seeming warp in the RT time/space continuum.:confused: :confused: :confused: It time-stamped one of my posts about 7 hours ahead of my "real" time, then kept giving me an error message about only being allowed to post every 30 seconds.:eek:

I'll try again.

[EDIT]: I'm still stuck in the time warp and had to register as an alias in order to post.
May 23, 2002 2:57 PM
0 0
[QUOTE]Originally posted by the_kid_with_the_helmet
I think the blue thing in Diane's drawer is the BLUE BIBLE that Betty places the scissors onn when she takes them away from Rita.

If the blue bible is tied in with the blue van and the blue box, I think we may need to look at these things in a different way.

~Katie~
[/QUOTE]

"The thing in Diane's drawer?" That looks like a BIBLE?? :confused:

Wow, either I haven't been paying close enough attention, or I need to see this movie about 7 or 8 more times...Anyway, I find this intriguing since I'm trying to solve the blue riddle myself.

I've only seen MD twice, please forgive my ignorance!
May 24, 2002 9:45 PM
0 0
Here's another little bit of MDBlue (pun intended) esoterica to ponder.

In the dream sequence Joe, the hitman, had one green eye and one blue...and in the scene in Winkie's with Diane he had vivid blue eyes.

The meaning of his two different eye colors in the "Ed's black book" scene has been broached, but I don't remember anyone putting forth a solution.

All along, I've kind of wondered if there was any significance to his clear blue eyes in the scene in the diner, but felt I might have been re-e-e-eaching.

Well, to quote my friend Dan Jardine, mebbe not.

I saw "Joe" (the actor Mark Pellegrino) on NYPD Blue the other night, and his eyes are neither green nor blue; they're almost amber.

Mebbe I am reaching, but having personally been struck enough by the blue of his eyes in the Winkie's scene to wonder if Lynch intended some significance--and now knowing that the actor's eyes are nowhere near that color--leads me to put it up for grabs again.

Any opinions?
May 25, 2002 12:29 AM
0 0
Blue eyes.....Blue equates to death (perhaps). He sees death or orcastrates (sp) it. He's a hitman. That's my suggestion.

How do I get my picture in the left column like everyone else? I'm feeling left out and faceless...
May 25, 2002 12:36 AM
0 0
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Detective McKnight
How do I get my picture in the left column like everyone else? I'm feeling left out and faceless... [/QUOTE]

Click on My Profile, then Edit Options. At the bottom of the screen is an "Avatar" option. You can select from RT's canned list or create your own avatar by entering the URL.

If you need help creating a custom avatar, there are three resident experts: Fritolaid, Amadeus, and Onyxshadow. Make friends with one of them, and you're good to go.;) (It would probably be good to give whichever one you ask a group of images to choose from, then he just has to resize them to RT's avatar specs.)
May 25, 2002 12:53 AM
0 0
The eyes are the windows to the soul.
May 26, 2002 10:47 PM
0 0
I took a close look again tonight. (Yes I had to endure the old farts in slow motion, but only for you guys, by the way they have some very scary hands:eek: !).

The Blue Bag in the drawer looks like a rosary purse, but I have to agree with 22Cute and say it does not look like a proper rosary. It could resemble Worry Beads though (would fit with the Diane is worried syndrome that the cops are on her tail...its a stretch I know ). My vote is that it is a purse of sorts.

I also noticed that Naomi had a hard time getting that drawer open, she had to pull at it twice.

Does anybody think that its dark outside because of rain or night?
(In the last scene). If its dark, Diane has been sitting at the couch ALL DAY! A true couch potato (or tomato)
May 27, 2002 12:07 AM
0 0