What is this blurry object beside Rita in #17?

Original Poster
As people are quite easy today I feel it's a good time for broaching a minor oddness. Take a look at this scene in dream #17:

People with DVD at hand are recommended to replay the sequence. What stroked me was this blurred out spot left side of Rita right above the cushion. It stays there the whole time we see our couple moving along the living room. Something must be there beyond the sofa that DL doesn't want us to perceive. I can sense a rather bright object, but the effect is doing well in hiding its nature...

I had a wild idea while I was on resolving the problem of how to fit following view into the sketch of Diane's bed room.

The girls' position (the night table, where the cutting-edge answer machine sits on, must be located to the left) and their look fairly along the wall side doesn't lead to the conclusion that they actually stare at the corpse (which lies in the middle of the bed in the room's center. Then I recognized the similar curtain part in both images and wow, I mean, what if they were originally meant to encounter something scary in the living room right at the place the blurred spot points to. The curtain part seems to match perfectly...

However, I had to discard my pioneering thought when admitting that neither the tiling parts of the window nor the room's illumination or the disposition of the unknown object in relation to the window really match. And on top of that the screenplay doesn't seem to have room for this alternative. -sigh-

Still I am puzzled by the blurring effect...
May 5, 2004 4:13 PM
0 0
The light behind them in the living room is the door isnt it? and then the bedroom, thats got to be a window, but is there a window in Dianes original apartment in that location? Sorry, you asked about the blurry object. I dont know, in the screenplay link that richdubbya posted, it says that they entered an apartment where they saw a makeup table.
May 5, 2004 4:22 PM
0 0
I think the blurred thing i see is a chair, i cleaned up the image a bit,

Im not sure i understand the other question, they are in two different rooms
May 5, 2004 5:31 PM
0 0
richdubbyaIm not sure i understand the other question, they are in two different rooms
Well, maybe I was too unclear about that. My madcap idea was that pic 2 wasn't really shot in the bed room but in the living room right in the back of pic 1...and was later added for the bed room scene.
But as I said...I don't subscribe to that anymore...
May 5, 2004 6:39 PM
0 0
i had always been puzzled at this scene as well, they were standing at the door, and they could not have been able to see the face of the corpse. but we were shown the front side of the corpse.

now that i saw this thread, i think it is likely that the 2 gal scene is not shot at the room door.
therefore the strange background and the mis-orientated sighting direction.

maybe also for lighting reason, like the shot outside #17.
May 18, 2005 8:46 PM
0 0
pegasus82they were standing at the door, and they could not have been able to see the face of the corpse. but we were shown the front side of the corpse.
yes, they did. they walked over toward her body and saw the face.
Aug 22, 2006 4:09 PM
0 0