1612 Havenhurst Found - Photos Needed!

Original Poster
I got a tip by way of Australia (good thing I didn't post this on April 1st) that the Havenhurst Apartments are located at 450 North Sycamore in Los Angeles.

Then I googled my way to a e-mail address of a Literary Manager located a stone's throw away on the street. He just got back to me confirming the info. At this point, much like before getting shots of the Sierra Bonita apartments, we don't know to what extent Lynch used the apartments, courtyard etc.

But, confidence is very high that we've found the spot!

Btw, exterior shots for Alias (Sydney's Apartment) and other shows have been filmed on that street. Here is an aerial view of the tree-lined street. It is the road running north/south directly in the middle of the frame.

What we now need is a L.A.-based MD fan/sleuth who is willing to take some shots for the forum and our website. Who's willing?
Apr 5, 2004 4:26 PM
0 0
Yeah, looks good bro... :fresh:

I am damn sure that building in the center is Havenhurst...
Is the address verified, so I can send it up to our page?

I made a websearch myself and this is what I found:
http://www.kennethvillage.com/vintagecondos.htm
The 4th image from above shows a building at 450 N. Sycamore Ave

It's definitaly not our target, but take a look at border and lamp post...

and now take a look at this lamp post across the street of 1612

chain is pulled taught, David
Apr 5, 2004 5:14 PM
0 0
TristLoveOkay, I will.

Obviously, any shots will be appreciated. Street shots (looking towards and away), courtyards (if there are any), doors, fountains ... you name it ...

*If* there were to be a building/door that looks like Auth Ruth's Apartment, I'll reimburse you for a "bribe" to offer the occupant (say a good bottle of champagne) for snapshots of the real interior of the apartment.

Thanks Tristan, much appreciated!!!
Apr 7, 2004 7:42 AM
0 0
Found that Charlize Theron resides in 1729 N. Sycamore Ave.
Does somebody know whether she's busy on making a movie currently?
But then again, maybe it's not the best time to engage her in our
research while her star is rising high so high...:rolleyes:
Apr 7, 2004 8:27 AM
0 0
Tristan,

Here are some shots of the Havenhurst Apartments.

Front view, looking through the arch, with fountain in center.
Apr 8, 2004 6:29 AM
0 0
Looking what we believe to be south (or stated another way) as you are facing the entrance this would be to your right (supposedly).
Apr 8, 2004 6:31 AM
0 0
Aunt Ruth's apartment (on right), with stairs next to it heading to the second floor.
Apr 8, 2004 6:33 AM
0 0
Another (opposite the entrance) viewpoint.
Apr 8, 2004 6:35 AM
0 0
Second floor and arches. I wonder whether a lot of those vines were added, they seem a little overgrown ...scary movie-ish.
Apr 8, 2004 6:39 AM
0 0
[indent][QUOTE]
[indent]I made a websearch myself and this is what I found: http://www.kennethvillage.com/vintagecondos.htm
The 4th image from above shows a building at 450 N. Sycamore Ave

It's definitaly not our target, but take a look at border and lamp post...
[/indent][/QUOTE]
[/indent]Actually, the photo posted here shows the northwest corner of 450 N. Sycamore Av, and this is in fact the exterior (and possibly interior) that was shot as "1612 Havenhurst".

I live in Los Angeles, and drove by the building this afternoon after reading the posts in this thread. This is definitely the place: the iron gate (not pictured above), the fountain in the courtyard, the overgrown ivy. It's all here. Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera; otherwise I would have taken some photos, but I can confirm that the address is correct.

CTYankee, I'm curious: how did the Australian know the address? Thanks so much for posting it--I've been searching for this location for the past two years!

Joe
Apr 16, 2004 6:16 PM
0 0
Joe B. Actually, the photo posted here shows the northwest corner of 450 N. Sycamore Av, and this is in fact the exterior (and possibly interior) that was shot as "1612 Havenhurst".

I live in Los Angeles, and drove by the building this afternoon after reading the posts in this thread. This is definitely the place: the iron gate (not pictured above), the fountain in the courtyard, the overgrown ivy. It's all here. Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera; otherwise I would have taken some photos, but I can confirm that the address is correct.

CTYankee, I'm curious: how did the Australian know the address? Thanks so much for posting it--I've been searching for this location for the past two years!

Joe
Nice work Joe.

Thanks for the confirmation...

I'm sure that TristanLove will sort us out ... won't you Tristan? :p
Apr 21, 2004 11:53 AM
0 0
Joe B.CTYankee, I'm curious: how did the Australian know the address? Thanks so much for posting it--I've been searching for this location for the past two years!

Joe

He was a big fan of Naomi Watts (another Aussie) and got the word from a like fan. Bless his little heart.
Apr 21, 2004 12:07 PM
0 0
I forgot to mention:

Since last week Lost on MD features a Havenhurst gallery.
Thanks are due to TristLove. The gates were closed but with her charming presence she managed to get inside the courtyard to take some pics. Yet it's plain - you just don't walk into Havenhurst as Betty did...
Tristan even talked to the owner of Aunt Ruth' apartment, who is about the same age. To her knowledge the indoor shootings haven't been done in her rooms. But obvioulsy she wasn't indwelling #11 that time. Decorations on her entrance door are matching well what is seen in the movie...

Tristan, can you elaborate on that in more detail?

Anyway ctyankee, you can save your champagne. We don't have pics from inside...
May 10, 2004 3:05 AM
0 0
Tristan,

Thanks for the terrific pictures. Well done. Nice quality images, perhaps you have a pretty sweet digital camera.

Bob,

Thanks for posting the shots and creating a home for them.

ctyankee
May 10, 2004 5:00 AM
0 0
Thanks so much everyone, great pictures and information. I appologize for not always thanking you all for all the work you do on the website and everything.

thanks!!!!!!!
May 10, 2004 7:40 AM
0 0
richdubbyaThanks so much everyone, great pictures and information. I appologize for not always thanking you all for all the work you do on the website and everything.

thanks!!!!!!!
Mr. Brooker is putting in some serious effort. Bravo!

Special thanks to Tristan. :up:

btw, good to see you joined the avatar party rich, 2 yrs down the line!
May 10, 2004 8:07 AM
0 0
originally posted by blu-riven,

[QUOTE] btw, good to see you joined the avatar party rich, 2 yrs down the line! [/QUOTE]
lol, when i started no one had an avatar, i noticed yesterday i was the only one without one, i only look like that on saturday nites though, when i get dressed up to go out
May 10, 2004 9:24 AM
0 0
may i ask an innocent question, why all the tristanlove posts are gone?

the price for asking a stupid question, here is a better aerial view: with the fountain in the courtyard

btw, i think i saw somewhere that it is 490 not 450? according this site (scott lloyd)
http://anthonylarme.tripod.com/nw/nwmdrruths.html

btw, the crosss street at the North is Melrose.

490 n sycamore ave

450 n sycamore ave

May 18, 2005 9:53 PM
0 0
Thanks for the correction.

[quote]may i ask an innocent question, why all the tristanlove posts are gone?[/quote]When a poster has his/her account deleted, all of the posts are automatically removed. And even worse, all threads started by the poster are gone too.
Same happened to Rochas Redux.
You can still recover posts with the help of the google cache, but in Tristan's case of it's too long ago.

E.g., compare this original RT thread and google's cache:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=307850&highlight=hallways

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:l78viPiWzSUJ:www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php%3Ft%3D307850+mulholland+%22rochas+redux%22+showthread+site:www.rottentomatoes.com&hl=de&client=firefox-a
May 19, 2005 3:31 AM
0 0
i c. thanks for the explanation. it is a pity it was done that way.

i think a better alternative is to save the posts, and display them as anonymous (and leave remove the user profile/etc)......given the consent of the O.P.
if the OP request all the post delete, the forum can provide that option as well.
i think some site does that, but i am not sure how flexibility the software is.
May 19, 2005 7:42 AM
0 0