where is park hotel

Original Poster
just want to start finishing the last missing link.

the only park hotel i found from google is one at long beach. doesnt seem very likely.

there is "lucky's men's shop" neon sing in the pciture fromt he website (though i don't see it in the movie)

before we were shown park hotel, we were shown some aerial view of the area, which could also be a good hint. (esp that we can rely on aerial maps now)
May 19, 2005 9:52 AM
0 0
somehow goole turns up something new today, dont understand how it did that

maybe it is this one.

Park Cienega Motor Hotel
(310) 837-5366
1777 S La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=park+hotel,+los+angeles,+CA&ll=34.045100,-118.376800&spn=0.005193,0.007306&t=k&hl=en

(but the car parked in the webstie screenshot picture is really old though, looks like it is in the 50's, maybe it is taken from some ancient footage?.....some other mystery to be explained)
May 19, 2005 9:56 AM
0 0
blu
The Park Hotel is not a real hotel. The scene with Cookie and Kesher was filmed in some abandoned offices in the same building as the Silencio (The Tower Theater). The Park Hotel neon sign can also be seen in the film Inventing the Abbotts - that's where the "Lucky Men's Shop" pic is from.

The location is confirmed in an old Geno Silva interview ... but I can't find the thread now.

Maybe somebody will remember which one it is...
May 19, 2005 10:40 AM
0 0
blu
The location is confirmed in an old Geno Silva interview ... but I can't find the thread now.
are you referring to the Neon Sign? that is what i am interested in.

google gave me this:
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:AQvK0O7szRYJ:www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/printthread.php%3Ft%3D193846+http://www.rottentomatoes.com:+Geno+Silva+interview+park+hotel&hl=en&start=1

i put the follow in google to search WITHIN a site
"http://www.rottentomatoes.com: Geno Silva interview park hotel"
use keyword following a colon ":"

OT: that geno silva is playing 2 parts inside the "dream" has some particular meaning? maybe one of them is in the waking world? (since everybody has 2 roles to play! one in dream, one awake)
since emcee is definitely in the dream. that would make cookies the waking role?

i saw in his interview DL told him he has a day job and a night job. but both scenes happened in the middle of the night. so he has to mean dream world and waking world?
May 19, 2005 12:15 PM
0 0
found this....maybe related

http://www.sonic.net/~tdn/movies/abbott.html

"Most of the movie's action occurs in the two most frequently utilized film locations in downtown Petaluma, the Center Park area and the first block of Western Avenue. The Mystic Theater, McNear's Restaurant and Kabuki Sushi on Petaluma Blvd. North's first block serve in the film as the Haily Theater, the Lake Hotel and a Greyhound Bus Station. Around the corner on Western Avenue is the Iron Skillet Restaurant (in reality Dom Ivana) where much of the action occurs, and across the street is a clothing shop which was used for interior scenes. Perhaps the most significant location is American Alley, shown here, directly across from the restaurant. Down this alley the boys walked to what seemed like every other location in the film...perhaps it was to show them leaving the other side of the tracks and entering the Abbott's world"

-----
there is a Park Hotel in downtown SF. since the location for Abbott is very far from LA area, and that MD was originally intended to be a TV series, it does not make sense for him to go all out of his way to film such a neon sign not in the area.
maybe DL stolen the shot right out from another film?
and he really need that "park hotel" neon light. (esp considering he changed from Beverley Hills Hotel to the dirty Park Hotel on purpose)
note also the aerial view seems also to suggest it is some area around the red-light district "bad" neighbohood (inner city).

(if the whole neon film negative is stolen from another film, it really means something about the name he chose. i.e. "Park" has some very special meaning, as perhaps discussed in other threads)
May 19, 2005 12:33 PM
0 0
I researched petaluma also but came up blank. i have been there and the streets are too wide, and american alley is too narrow. I think it is on a studio lot, probably universal studios. i was there once and it does have streets and buildings (fronts) that are this style
May 20, 2005 7:25 PM
0 0
blu
pegasus82are you referring to the Neon Sign? that is what i am interested in.
I would guess that the neon sign is just a prop, and is actually attached to different locations in different films. I may be wrong, but that seems the most likeliest to me.
May 21, 2005 4:13 AM
0 0
bluI would guess that the neon sign is just a prop, and is actually attached to different locations in different films. I may be wrong, but that seems the most likeliest to me.

you are exactly right blu, the signs are on different buildings and on the MD sign I think i can see a temporary cord.
May 21, 2005 10:32 PM
0 0
wonderful! thanks for the info..

simulation credit auto comparatif voiture taux pret automobile financiers ont mis à la disposition des particuliers la simulation crédit auto simulation credit auto comparatif voiture taux pret automobile
Sep 3, 2009 2:13 AM
0 0