Det's Soundcloud thread

Original Poster
My thread is in the 2013 forum, so I thought it would be best to make a new thread. I have a new track up, it's synth pop. I want somebody to sing the main melody but I don't know any singers. Also it's a first draft without an ending, so keep that in mind.

I might post other songs like it today, if I feel like it.

Here's the link - https://soundcloud.com/derision
Aug 4, 2014 11:44 AM
0 0
DetrimentalMy thread is in the 2013 forum, so I thought it would be best to make a new thread. I have a new track up, it's synth pop. I want somebody to sing the main melody but I don't know any singers. Also it's a first draft without an ending, so keep that in mind.

Will check this out. I really enjoy synth pop, but am pretty picky about it.
Aug 4, 2014 1:22 PM
0 1
Looka
DetrimentalMy thread is in the 2013 forum, so I thought it would be best to make a new thread. I have a new track up, it's synth pop. I want somebody to sing the main melody but I don't know any singers. Also it's a first draft without an ending, so keep that in mind.

Well?
Aug 4, 2014 4:38 PM
0 0
Detrimental
Looka

Well?

I'll listen in a bit. Wanted to finish listening to some stuff already playing.
Aug 4, 2014 4:40 PM
0 1
I like it. Turn around is really good, if a little bit on the "high end" for my tastes. BUt super catchy.

Lucky is a pretty good rock track, too.
Aug 4, 2014 4:56 PM
0 0
Das SpleenI like it. Turn around is really good, if a little bit on the "high end" for my tastes. BUt super catchy.

Lucky is a pretty good rock track, too.

Thanks man.

Aug 4, 2014 5:01 PM
0 0
Fun track. Certainly more up-tempo than what I'd usually listen to, but not bad at all, especially for being early in development. Dig the staggering throughout the song. Do you ever do any vocal processing?

Edit: What do you think of this track: https://soundcloud.com/plaid/hawkmoth ? Some lovely vocal processing later in the track.
Aug 4, 2014 5:05 PM
0 1
LookaFun track. Certainly more up-tempo than what I'd usually listen to, but not bad at all, especially for being early in development. Dig the staggering throughout the song. Do you ever do any vocal processing?

Some of my songs have vocals in them, but they're remixes of other songs. Did you listen to vociferous? If so what did you think?
Aug 4, 2014 5:08 PM
0 0
Detrimental
LookaFun track. Certainly more up-tempo than what I'd usually listen to, but not bad at all, especially for being early in development. Dig the staggering throughout the song. Do you ever do any vocal processing?

Some of my songs have vocals in them, but they're remixes of other songs. Did you listen to vociferous? If so what did you think?

I will shortly. I don't mean vocals as in lyrics necessarily, just using your voice to make sounds as layer(s) of the music.
Aug 4, 2014 5:10 PM
0 1
Looka
Detrimental

I will shortly. I don't mean vocals as in lyrics necessarily, just using your voice to make sounds as layer(s) of the music.

Nah i've never done that, i'm more of a composer than a producer really so I doubt it would come out sounding too good. That track you linked is pretty good, I will try to find other tracks by them.
Aug 4, 2014 5:14 PM
0 0
Liked Vociferous a LOT more (not that the other track is bad of course). Much more varied and not quite so 'happy'. Would be a good club jam, or while riding the interstate or something. The bass was especially good, was glad that you avoided the cliche "drops" and wobble bass (Zomby aside) that all the kids clamor over these days. Very nice, would love to hear the finished product.
Aug 4, 2014 5:14 PM
0 1
LookaLiked Vociferous a LOT more (not that the other track is bad of course). Much more varied and not quite so 'happy'. Would be a good club jam, or while riding the interstate or something. The bass was especially good, was glad that you avoided the cliche "drops" and wobble bass (Zomby aside) that all the kids clamor over these days. Very nice, would love to hear the finished product.

Thanks a lot. I avoided all that dubstep stuff because I was trying to make a synth-pop song with trap tendencies. I don't entirely ignore wubs in my songs though, you can find an early electronica song at the bottom called "Freighter" that has a kind of wobble bass.
Aug 4, 2014 5:21 PM
0 0
Detrimental
LookaLiked Vociferous a LOT more (not that the other track is bad of course). Much more varied and not quite so 'happy'. Would be a good club jam, or while riding the interstate or something. The bass was especially good, was glad that you avoided the cliche "drops" and wobble bass (Zomby aside) that all the kids clamor over these days. Very nice, would love to hear the finished product.

Thanks a lot. I avoided all that dubstep stuff because I was trying to make a synth-pop song with trap tendencies. I don't entirely ignore wubs in my songs though, you can find an early electronica song at the bottom called "Freighter" that has a kind of wobble bass.

Well, like I mentioned as an aside (the Zomby remark), not all wobble bass is bad, it's just been overused in many lazy, unimaginative ways, the last several years especially. Anyhow, keep working on your music, I'd be happy to give feedback anytime I'm around.
Aug 4, 2014 5:27 PM
0 1
Your opinion on this song? It's couple years old, and the album is really good. Thought you might dig it.

https://soundcloud.com/nnatapes/ryan-power-i-dont-want-to-die
Aug 4, 2014 5:31 PM
0 1
LookaYour opinion on this song? It's couple years old, and the album is really good. Thought you might dig it.

It's alright, sounds a bit disjointed. I like the guy's voice though. Maybe i'll like it more on a few relistens
Aug 4, 2014 7:58 PM
0 0
Detrimental
LookaYour opinion on this song? It's couple years old, and the album is really good. Thought you might dig it.

It's alright, sounds a bit disjointed. I like the guy's voice though. Maybe i'll like it more on a few relistens

Yeah, the semi-disjointed thing turns some people off, but enables the lyrics to be laid out the way they are, which I found a neat approach.
Aug 4, 2014 9:19 PM
0 1
I just put up a half-finished Baroque pop song with no vocals, hope you guys like it.
Aug 31, 2014 3:36 PM
0 0
Detrimental"I just put up a half-finished Baroque pop song with no vocals, hope you guys like it."

I absolutely want to listen to this. I haven't done anything on Soundcloud in ages, I should maybe upload a few things of my own again.

Sep 1, 2014 6:59 AM
0 0
King Elessar 8
Detrimental"I just put up a half-finished Baroque pop song with no vocals, hope you guys like it."

I absolutely want to listen to this. I haven't done anything on Soundcloud in ages, I should maybe upload a few things of my own again.

Well?
Sep 1, 2014 4:07 PM
0 0
Just put up a new track. It's synth pop, you can listen and download if you like. I'm nice like that.
Oct 5, 2014 1:15 PM
0 0