Wirthling's General TV Thread

wirthlingWhoa, I didn't realize Mr. Robot was returning tonight. Wheeee!

Holy shit, yes.
Oct 11, 2017 1:18 PM
0 0
Was Mr. Robot season 2 good then? I haven't got around to it yet.
Oct 11, 2017 1:27 PM
0 0
briggmWas Mr. Robot season 2 good then? I haven't got around to it yet.

It's a bit of a slower burn, more of a focus on Elliot's mental health issues instead of the Fight Club tenor of the first season, but it's very good and shot superbly.
Oct 11, 2017 5:54 PM
0 0
boozeshot superbly

Whatever else one thinks about Mr. Robot, it is visually amazing. There aren't many TV shows that put as much effort and thought into cinematography. Legion, Fargo, and The Deuce are comparable among current shows in that regard. And I am reminded of my dearly beloved departed Hannibal.
Oct 11, 2017 6:03 PM
0 0
wirthling
boozeshot superbly

Whatever else one thinks about Mr. Robot, it is visually amazing. There aren't many TV shows that put as much effort and thought into cinematography. Legion, Fargo, and The Deuce are comparable among current shows in that regard. And I am reminded of my dearly beloved departed Hannibal.

I remember this was a good article which interviews the director of photography.
Oct 11, 2017 6:14 PM
0 0

It's uneven-- mainly, Elliot's story gets lost for a good while. But everyone else gets some interesting stuff to do. The advance reviews for this season are really strong so it sounds like it's worth catching up. I mean, it was still a good show and never got bad (unless it did and don't remember, 2016 was forty eight years ago.)
Oct 11, 2017 6:21 PM
0 0

Mr. Robot is very good. The worst parts are about hallucinations/identity-disorder. Fantastic and a strength first season, but a major flaw at start of Season two (after season one seemed to establish at least some kind of working order of Elliot's mind, but now again delusions) which fans spoke up against. Which the creator listened to and adjusted.

That all said I just watch shows on the TV when they happen and this season of "Channel Zero" is also at this time. And I'll expect some kind of long repeat/catch-up of Mr. Robot by USA in the future, so until Channel Zero goes out that'll by the priority. And I've always wondered if that is taken from the Public Enemy after: Slayer song. Even if not I'm disappointed that in two seasons yet they haven't homaged that still.

Mr. Robot worthy of getting around to it? Hell yes. A bit hard to figure so you might want to take notes though. Unfortunately. Or fortunately, in this day of age of spoon-feeding. Anyway, it's a great show imo. Speaking of spoon-feeding, She Watch Channel Zero (with best Flavor Flav addition to any PE song imo):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtkQGG8vlPA
Oct 12, 2017 7:32 AM
0 0
The Good Place is crushing it.

"What flavor of baby?"
Oct 13, 2017 12:42 AM
0 0
I watched the first episode of "The Good Place" and i'm afraid it's not going to have any bite to it like Parks and Recreation did. Because the show is literally about heaven.
Oct 13, 2017 12:50 AM
0 0
DetrimentalI watched the first episode of "The Good Place" and i'm afraid it's not going to have any bite to it like Parks and Recreation did. Because the show is literally about heaven.

It's a good show, Det.
Oct 13, 2017 1:12 AM
0 0
DetrimentalI watched the first episode of "The Good Place" and i'm afraid it's not going to have any bite to it like Parks and Recreation did. Because the show is literally about heaven.

If you keep watching the show, and then reread this, you're going to feel really stupid.
Oct 13, 2017 1:26 AM
0 0
Ok i'll keep watching it.

Guys I have something to tell you - IC doesn't think Kristen Bell is hot. Like gay much?
Oct 13, 2017 1:31 AM
0 0
DetrimentalOk i'll keep watching it.

Guys I have something to tell you - IC doesn't think Kristen Bell is hot. Like gay much?

When did I say that, 2009?
Oct 13, 2017 1:34 AM
0 0
Infinitus Corsair

Stop deflecting from either your egregious lack of good taste or your rampant homosexuality.
Oct 13, 2017 1:35 AM
0 0
Detrimental
Infinitus Corsair

Stop deflecting from either your egregious lack of good taste or your rampant homosexuality.

As usual, my focus is on your disturbingly precise recall of offhand comments I do not even remember making.

There is something about Kristen Bell's face that is a little odd to me and off of my ideal. She is, nevertheless, obviously an attractive woman and Dax Shepherd is a lucky man (aside from being Dax Shepherd).

Finally, it is 2017 and, were I a gay, I would make no effort to conceal it.
Oct 13, 2017 1:44 AM
0 0
Infinitus Corsair
Detrimental
Infinitus Corsair

As usual, my focus is on your disturbingly precise recall of offhand comments I do not even remember making.

There is something about Kristen Bell's face that is a little odd to me and off of my ideal. She is, nevertheless, obviously an attractive woman and Dax Shepherd is a lucky man (aside from being Dax Shepherd).

It's not all that disturbing, I just have a good memory. Like remember when Roomy said he used to be really good at basketball or that time he said that it was wrong for Alan Moore not to collect money from movies based in his work? Of course you don't, because your memory sucks.
Oct 13, 2017 1:49 AM
0 0
Very good opener for Mr Robot, really excited about it now
Oct 13, 2017 3:35 PM
0 0
Detrimental
Infinitus Corsair
Detrimental
Infinitus Corsair

It's not all that disturbing, I just have a good memory. Like remember when Roomy said he used to be really good at basketball or that time he said that it was wrong for Alan Moore not to collect money from movies based in his work? Of course you don't, because your memory sucks.

I have always taken comfort in the fact that, even though I have gotten super-drunk and embarrassed myself in chat from time to time, at least I usually black it all out and so I don't have to worry about dwelling on these failures. But now I know Det has a permanent mental chat log and...I'm sorry, Det, but you are going to have to die.
Oct 13, 2017 4:06 PM
0 0
wirthling
Detrimental
Infinitus Corsair
Detrimental
Infinitus Corsair

I have always taken comfort in the fact that, even though I have gotten super-drunk and embarrassed myself in chat from time to time, at least I usually black it all out and so I don't have to worry about dwelling on these failures. But now I know Det has a permanent mental chat log and...I'm sorry, Det, but you are going to have to die.

You seem pretty lucid in chat for someone who's supposedly drunk of their ass. You like to get really philosophical in chat or you like to sometimes hit on the few girls we have. The girls don't seem offended or anything and they entertain your lovable wino ways. It's quite endearing.
Oct 13, 2017 6:53 PM
0 0
Also wirthling if you kill me who's going to listen to your music?
Oct 13, 2017 6:54 PM
0 0